Yeah, it’s the last day of the year, so I guess it’s about time to sum it up. I wrote about 200 entries last year, not that much considering the fact that the year had a lot more than 200 days, but I like to pretend I do have a live outside of the internet. I’ve gone through the archives and it looks like 2004 was the year I (in no particular order)
- Started the 52 Albums or Burn-project, inspired by Jason Kottke’s 52 magazines or bust-project. Unfortunately, I gave up after 3 albums. Let’s hope Jason had more luck with his magazine reading.
- Bought a lot of computer books I didn’t read.
- Started collecting South Park, The Simpsons and Futurama episodes.
- Discovered yet another favourite band; Chronic Future.
- Re-discovered Porcupine Tree.
- Got dumped by Stine.
- Dated some girls without much success.
- Had to take an IQ-test on a job interview, but didn’t get the job.
- Got kicked out of my apartment.
- Moved into a new apartment with five - but surprisingly sane - people.
- Got a lot of hits from people looking for Janet Jackson’s nipple.
- Listened to radio.wazee a lot.
- Started my own firm with Ola and Espen.
- Finally got myself an Xbox.
- Cried three times.
- Spent a lot of time in Trondheim.
- Moved the site to Segment Publishing because my other host sucked monkey balls.
- Worked a lot.
- Went to London three times. Or maybe it was more, I really can’t remember.
- Bought a new mobile phone.
- Strained my left ankle really, really bad.
- Got a lot of hits from people searching for “hot chicks” on Yahoo! image search.
- Starting playing RISK - the board game, that is.
- Bought a Canon EOS 300D.
- Ate a lot of pizza.
- Tried to subscribe to Wired, but didn’t succeed.
- Had my first real lap dance. But I wasn’t the one paying for it. It wasn’t exactly that much fun.
- Had sex just to have sex. That wasn’t exactly that much fun, either.
- Bought a new bike because my old one got messed up real bad. Also got a bicycle helmet that I actually use.
- Started jogging and exercising semi-regularly again.
- Made a few mix tapes for people who really didn’t like them. Kids today…
- Got a picture published in a magazine.
- Had a severe hard drive crash and lost all my data, more or less.
- Went less to the movies than I really wanted.
- Thought I was going to die.
All in all, I guess the year wasn’t that bad, I don’t live in Baghdad, for instance. Although I don’t feel I really achieved anything noteworthy. I’m looking forward to 2005 with the hope that it’ll be even better.
A happy new year to you, too!
vegard at vegard dot netwith your input. You can also use any of the other points of contact listed on the About page.
I still have all my fingers and both of my eyes intact after last night. which is really an accomplishment because two of the rockets we fired mailfunctioned. One lost the little stick which caused it to rotate uncontrollably and it exploded in some bushed. the other one left exploded about one second after it lifted off.
P.S. oh yeah. I almost forgot. my dad opened champagnebottles with a sword! :-D
Klas: When are you going to realize that the rockets is just not necessary. A few mushrooms and you’ll see all the nice colours without risking your limbs.
Tor Olav: Happy new year to you, too.
|2004-12-31 12:36 CET|