It’s the last day of the year again and time to sum it up. 2008 was the year that I…
- had the lowest posting rate since I started this site. There are several reasons why, I guess, the rest of the summary might contain pointers.
- exercised regularly (or at least as regularly as my unpredictable schedule would let me), both stamina and strength.
- almost lost my father to a nasty case of cardiac arrest.
- took a photography course and learned a lot of things I’ve never really used later.
- played way too much EVE Online. When writing this summary, I’m browsing through the archives and there are too many entries mentioning the game.
- discovered a few new bands, like Rise Against, Biffy Clyro and The Script.
- went to quite a few weddings. Four, I think. Even crashed one.
- moved with the company to some nice offices right in the middle of downtown Oslo.
- finally converted the site to WordPress.
- tried to sell my Xbox 360 without much luck.
- turned 30. I probably should feel a hint of panic, but I’m not.
- completed my surround sound setup after years of buying speaker whenever my budget allowed it.
- enjoyed a lot of great Formula 1 and GP2 racing on the idiot box.
- added a few more one liners.
- quit my job. Yes, as of tomorrow, the first day of 2009, I’m unemployed. Probably the worst timing ever, but it had to be done.
- was really sick for a week.
- read through most of the Foundation-books by Isaac Asimov.
- created a WordPress plugin.
- developed a new theory for drinking alcohol: Switch to drinks and hard liquor after 2 or 3 beers and you’ll wake up fresh the day after. This has only failed once, but that was because people started to mix shots into the equation.
- Gine and I broke up.
As I’m finishing this entry, there are only about 7 hours left of 2008. I can’t say that I will miss it, it’s been a year with some of the best and worst days of my life. I’m welcoming 2009 with open arms - it has huge potential.