It’s the last day of the year again and time to sum it up. 2008 was the year that I…
- had the lowest posting rate since I started this site. There are several reasons why, I guess, the rest of the summary might contain pointers.
- exercised regularly (or at least as regularly as my unpredictable schedule would let me), both stamina and strength.
- almost lost my father to a nasty case of cardiac arrest.
- took a photography course and learned a lot of things I’ve never really used later.
- played way too much EVE Online. When writing this summary, I’m browsing through the archives and there are too many entries mentioning the game.
- discovered a few new bands, like Rise Against, Biffy Clyro and The Script.
- went to quite a few weddings. Four, I think. Even crashed one.
- moved with the company to some nice offices right in the middle of downtown Oslo.
- finally converted the site to WordPress.
- tried to sell my Xbox 360 without much luck.
- turned 30. I probably should feel a hint of panic, but I’m not.
- completed my surround sound setup after years of buying speaker whenever my budget allowed it.
- enjoyed a lot of great Formula 1 and GP2 racing on the idiot box.
- added a few more one liners.
- quit my job. Yes, as of tomorrow, the first day of 2009, I’m unemployed. Probably the worst timing ever, but it had to be done.
- was really sick for a week.
- read through most of the Foundation-books by Isaac Asimov.
- created a WordPress plugin.
- developed a new theory for drinking alcohol: Switch to drinks and hard liquor after 2 or 3 beers and you’ll wake up fresh the day after. This has only failed once, but that was because people started to mix shots into the equation.
- Gine and I broke up.
As I’m finishing this entry, there are only about 7 hours left of 2008. I can’t say that I will miss it, it’s been a year with some of the best and worst days of my life. I’m welcoming 2009 with open arms - it has huge potential.
vegard at vegard dot netwith your input. You can also use any of the other points of contact listed on the About page.
Mmmmm… Surround sound.. I think we need a post on that, with pics and specs.
It looks like you're using Google's Chrome browser, which records everything you do on the internet. Personally identifiable and sensitive information about you is then sold to the highest bidder, making you a part of surveillance capitalism.
The Contra Chrome comic explains why this is bad, and why you should use another browser.