My gaming rig is 10 years old, and I’m in dire need of a replacement. But what is a good gaming rig operating system? Windows or Linux?
I’ve been looking to get a new gaming rig for a couple of years now. It’s been problematic, however, to argue for purchasing an expensive piece of hardware I don’t use that much. But carpe diem, right? This Christmas I will treat myself to a spanking new (or used) gaming rig!
Every time I buy a new computer, I have to learn everything about hardware and the state of various operating systems all over again. In a series of posts, I’ll got through some of the important things to consider when buying a gaming rig (actual links will be added when the posts are published):
- Operating system: Windows or Linux?
- Hardware: Nvidia, AMD, or Intel?
- Form factor: Laptop or desktop?
- Tinkering factor: Parts or pre-built?
- Sustainability: New or used?
- Conclusion: So what’s the ultimate gaming rig setup, then!?
I’ve decided on this particular order of things because decisions taken on the top of the list might limit the available choices later.
First up is gaming rig operating system.Read more