A Book A Month
I used to read books regularly, but in 2015 I realized that my reading frequency had decreased to one or perhaps two books a year. Since reading is good exercise for the old nugget, I decided to try to read a book every month. And that’s what I’ve (mostly) done.
Below is my reading list.
Two Three Four rules apply:
- If a book is boring, I can throw it away unfinished at any time and never pick it up again.
- If a more interesting book appears on my radar, any of the books in the list can be replaced.
- It’s certainly allowed to read more than one book each month.
- I know my limitations, so if a book takes more than a month to finish, so be it.
- December: The Murderbot Diaries: System Collapse by Martha Wells
- November: Shadow Speaker by Nnedi Okorafor
- October: The Consuming Fire by John Scalzi
- August: DOOM Guy: Life in First Person by John Romero
- July: The Collapsing Empire by John Scalzi
- July: Dune by Frank Herbert
- June: The Ghost Brigades by John Scalzi
- June: Old Man's War by John Scalzi
- May: American Psycho by Bret Easton Ellis
- May: Annihilation by Jeff WanderMeer