Here are August’s additions to the one-liners collection:
- “Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious.” - Peter Ustinov
- “I may disagree with what you have to say, but I shall defend, to the death, your right to say it.” -
VoltaireEvelyn Beatrice Hall
- “In the province of the mind, what one believes to be true either is true or becomes true.” - John Lilly
- “The fewer the facts, the stronger the opinion.” - Arnold H. Glascow
- “Truth above all, even when it upsets and overwhelms us.” - Henri Frédéric Amie
- Last night I played a blank tape at full blast. The mime next door went nuts.
- Why do you press harder on a remote control when you know the battery is dead?
- “A jury consists of twelve persons chosen to decide who has the better lawyer.” - Robert Frost
- “If we make peaceful revolution impossible, we make violent revolution inevitable.” - John F. Kennedy
- “Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.” - Martin Luther King, Jr.
- “Probably all laws are useless; for good men do not want laws at all, and bad men are made no better by them.” - Demonax
- To worry about tomorrow is to be unhappy today.
- “There’s nothing to match curling up with a good book when there’s a repair job to be done around the house.” - Joe Ryan
- “If you wish to know what a man is, place him in authority.” (Yugoslav proverb)
- “One kind word can warm three winter months.” (Japanese proverb)
- “It is always brave to say what everyone thinks.” - Georges Duhamel
- Never forget that your weapon is made by the lowest bidder.
- “Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret.” - Ambrose Bierce
- “Love cures people; both the ones who give it, and the ones who receive it.” - Dr. Karl Menninger
- “Marriage is a great institution, but I’m not ready for an institution yet.” - Mae West.
2012-08-01 19:27 CET
Read other posts