New one-liners for August 2019.
It’s the first of the month, which means there’s time to add some more one-liners to the ever-growing collection.
- “It is not doing the thing we like to do, but liking the thing we have to do, that makes life blessed.” - Goethe
- “It’s not what you look at that matters, it’s what you see.” - Henry David Thoreau
- Nobody ever ruined their eyesight by looking at the bright side of something.
- Nothing is ever a total loss; it can always serve as a bad example.
- “Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.” - Michel de Montaigne
- One meets his destiny often on the road he takes to avoid it.
- “Reality is nothing but a collective hunch.” - Lily Tomlin
- Seeing is believing. You wouldn’t have seen it if you hadn’t believed it.
- “Sometimes even to live is an act of courage.” - Seneca
- “The more laws and order are made prominent, the more thieves and robbers there will be.” - Lao Tsu
- The questions remain the same. The answers are eternally variable.
- “There is more to life than increasing its speed.” - Mahatma Gandhi
- “Who does not trust enough will not be trusted.” - Lao Tsu
- “Wisdom is knowing what to do with what you know.” - J. Winter Smith
- You may be marching to the beat of a different drummer, but you’re still in the parade.