Here are some famous quotes by people you’ve probably heard of, among them Bruce Lee, surprisingly enough. Looks like the guy was good at a lot more than kicking.
- Be slow in choosing a friend, slower in changing.
- Early to bed and early to rise makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise.
Another version of this is “Early to rise, and early to bed, makes a man healthy but socially dead”, which is supposedly a quote from the Animaniacs series.
- He that can have patience can have what he will.
- I didn’t fail the test, I just found 100 ways to do it wrong.
A very similar quote, “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work”, is credited to Thomas Alva Edison. Franklin died almost 60 years before Edison was born, so I’m going to go ahead and guess that Franklin coined this one before Edison.
- In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria.
- Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are.
- There was never a bad peace or a good war.
- Be nice to nerds. Chances are you’ll end up working for one.
- If you can’t make it good, at least make it look good.
- Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces smart people into thinking they can’t lose.
- Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning.
- One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain.
- Some people feel the rain. Other just get wet.
- Love the life you live. Live the life you love.
- A goal is not always meant to be reached, it often servers simply as something to aim at.
- A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer.
- Boards don’t hit back.
- Defeat is not defeat unless accepted as a reality in your own mind.
- If you don’t want to slip up tomorrow, speak the truth today.
- The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering.
- A jug fills drop by drop.
- There is no path to happiness, happiness is the path.
- Better than a thousand hollow words, is one word that brings peace.
- The mind is everything. What you think you become.
- The tongue is like a sharp knife… Kills without drawing blood.