Bonus July One-liners: Whisky
Here are a few bonus one-liners for July, all of them about whisky.
This summer, we went to Denmark for a week. On the way home, I bought two bottles of whisky, a Johnnie Walker Gold Label Reserve and a 16 year old Balvenie triple cask. With my purchase, I got a small book titled “Book of Whisky” that contained a lot of interesting information about whisky that made me realize I really don’t know squat. In the book, there was also a few whisky quotes, which inspired me to dig up a few from the depths of the internet and add them to the one-liners collection:
- “Whiskey is by far the most popular of all remedies that won’t cure a cold.” - Jerry Vale
- There’s no such thing as a large whiskey.
- “There are two rules for drinking whisky: first, never take whisky without water, and second, never take water without whisky.” - Charles Murray
- “Too much of anything is bad, but too much of good whisky is barely enough.” - Mark Twain
- “One must always be ahead of life by at least one whisky.” - Humphrey Bogart
- “There are no bad whiskies, some are just better than other others.” - William Faulkner
- “Never drink whisky without water, never drink water without whisky.”
- “I never should have switched from scotch to martinis.” - Humphrey Bogart
- “As a cure for worrying, work is better than whiskey.” - Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake.” - W. C. Fields
- “I used to like whiskey. But it’s been a long time since I’ve been drunk.” - Claude Williams
- “I like whiskey. I always did, and that is why I never drink it.” - Robert E. Lee
- “Ninety percent I’ll spend on good times, women and Irish Whiskey. The other ten percent I’ll probably waste.” - Tug McGraw
- “The tools I need for my work are paper, tobacco, food, and a little whiskey.” - William Faulkner
- “Whiskey, like a beautiful woman, demands appreciation. You gaze first, then it’s time to drink.” - Haruki Murakami
- “While I can’t walk on water, I can certainly wobble on whisky.” - Ashwin Sanghi
- “There is indeed one person who can help solve “writer’s block”. His name is Mr Johnnie Walker.” - Ashwin Sanghi
- “Whisky is liquid sunshine.” - George Bernard Shaw
- “I’d much rather be someone’s shot of whiskey than everyone’s cup of tea.” - Carrie Bradshaw
- “Those who drink whiskey with the owls at night, cannot soar with the eagles the next day.” - Brian D. Ratty
This post has no feedback yet.
Do you have any thoughts you want to share? A question, maybe? Or is something in this post just plainly wrong? Then please send an e-mail to
vegard at vegard dot net with your input. You can also use any of the other points of contact listed on the About page.
It looks like you're using Google's Chrome browser, which records everything you do on the internet. Personally identifiable and sensitive information about you is then sold to the highest bidder, making you a part of surveillance capitalism.
The Contra Chrome comic explains why this is bad, and why you should use another browser.