After earning another NOK 30 ($5) after Portugal beat Iran today, I’m now break-even again after Ghana just crushed the Czech Republic. It’s not too bad really, but since I’m going to China on Monday, I’ll lose track of the games - they are played in the late evening and during the night Chinese time - so I think I’ll call it quits, throw in my betting towel and let Hallvard handle the money himself.
Yes, it’s only one and a half day now until I leave the tiny suburb - which Oslo is compared to other capitals around the world - I normally reside in to the multimillion cities of the People’s Republic of China. After my last visit to China I swore that I would buy a PSP to entertain me on the flight if I ever went back there again, but since I’ve spent quite a lot of money on music equipment lately the PSP is not even an option right now. On top of that I rarely travel far, and my iPod is usually more than enough entertainment.
I have, however, bought a couple of new CDs to have some fresh music to listen to during the trip. I didn’t get any recent releases, rather stuff to extend my backlog:
- U2 - The Best of 1990-2000 (my first U2 CD, actually)
- Radiohead - Amnesiac (my current Radiohead collection is a shame)
- Audioslave - Audioslave (the use of Shadow On the Sun in Collateral was brilliant)
- Muse - Absolution (Radiohead-ish pre OK Computer1 - gotta like that)
- Weezer - Make Believe (because Beverly Hills and This is Such a Pity are great songs)
- Jack Johnson - Song-A-Longs & Lullabies For The Film Curious George (buy 5 Nice Price CDs and get a discount)
- Jack Johnson - In Between Dreams (completes the collection)
I can’t honestly say that I’m 100% sure that OK Computer was the album where Yorke and the guys went alt-psy-rock, but I think it was. Might have been the album before that, though. Correct me if I’m wrong. This is what happens when you don’t have a proper backlog! ↩︎