Here are November’s additions to the one-liners collection, without attributions this time.
- They call our language mother tongue, because the father seldom gets to speak.
- Age has its advantages. Too bad I can’t remember what they are.
- College is a fountain of knowledge…and the students are there to drink.
- If a vegetarian eats vegetables, what does a humanitarian eat?
- Nothing makes a person more productive than the last minute.
- The major cause of auto wrecks is a screw loose in the nut behind the wheel.
- Whenever my wife sings I have to go outside. Not to get away from her, but to prove to my neighbors I’m not beating her.
- There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and real estate listings.
- An economist is someone who will know tomorrow why the things he predicted yesterday didn’t happen today.
- The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it’s still on the list.
- Women might be able to fake orgasms. But men can fake a whole relationship.
- Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
- Going to church doesn’t make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.
- Men have two emotions: Hungry and Horny. If you see him without an erection, make him a sandwich.
- We never really grow up, we only learn how to act in public.
- Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
- Evening news is where they begin with ‘Good evening’, and then proceed to tell you why it isn’t.
- If sex is a pain in the ass, then you’re doing it wrong.
- How is it one careless match can start a forest fire, but it takes a whole box to start a campfire?
- The shinbone is a device for finding furniture in a dark room.
- The sole purpose of a child’s middle name, is so he can tell when he’s really in trouble.
- The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.
- Always borrow money from a pessimist. He won’t expect it back.
- He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
- I intend to live forever. So far, so good.
- There’s a fine line between cuddling and holding someone down so they can’t get away.
- When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Department usually uses water.
- A bargain is something you don’t need at a price you can’t resist.
- Seat belts are not as confining as wheelchairs.
This post has no feedback yet.
Do you have any thoughts you want to share? A question, maybe? Or is something in this post just plainly wrong? Then please send an e-mail to
vegard at vegard dot net with your input. You can also use any of the other points of contact listed on the About page.
It looks like you're using Google's Chrome browser, which records everything you do on the internet. Personally identifiable and sensitive information about you is then sold to the highest bidder, making you a part of surveillance capitalism.
The Contra Chrome comic explains why this is bad, and why you should use another browser.