My gaming rig is 10 years old, and I’m in dire need of a replacement. But how much should I care about gaming rig sustainability?
Every time I buy a new computer, I have to learn everything about hardware and the state of various operating systems all over again. In a series of posts, I’ll got through some of the important things to consider when buying a gaming rig:
- Operating system: Windows or Linux?
- CPU: Intel or AMD?
- Graphics Card: Nvidia or AMD?
- Form factor: Laptop or desktop?
- Tinkering factor: Parts or pre-assembled?
- Sustainability: New or second-hand?
- Conclusion: So what’s the ultimate gaming rig setup, then!?
I’ve decided on this specific order of things because decisions taken on the top of the list might limit the available choices later.
This sixth post is about how much I should care about gaming rig sustainability. Should I purchase everything brand new, or is second-hand the way to go?